Here, FSC Supplements share their top 5 supplements that their Nutritional Advisor Krystina recommends for keeping your immune system strong and to give you that extra boost when fighting off any illnesses going around.
- Propolis – Bee Health do a wide range of propolis products – from lozenges, throat sprays, capsules, tablets, winter formula, propolis liquid and creams. Propolis contains over 300 natural compounds and works with your bodies natural immune defence. Studies have shown it to treat and shorten the length of colds. Propolis also acts as an anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory.
- FSC Cantamega – A multi-nutrient supplement that contains 31 different vitamins, minerals, nutrients and herbs. It will help fill any nutritional gaps in your diet, and boost your immune system.
- Probiotics – Around 70% of our immune system is in our gut, so supplementing with products like FSC’s Acidophilus & Prebiotic will not only keep your gut healthy, but feed the good bacteria too. Studies have shown acidophilus to also reduce cold and flu symptoms.
- Vitamin C – Most peoples ‘go to’ vitamin at the first sign of illness. One of the safest and most effective vitamins to add to your diet. Studies show that it can help reduce the length of illness. It acts as an antioxidant and helps our bodies with the absorption of other important vitamins and minerals.
- Zinc lozenges – FSC’s Zinc lozenges can help reduce the length of colds. The lozenges allow zinc to be absorbed closer to the affected nasal passage, preventing the virus from spreading. FSC’s zinc lozenges also contain rose hips powder which increases immune function and helps with fever.