New research has revealed that 28 per cent of women in the UK have experienced total burnout due to stress, and two thirds struggle to balance the pressures of modern life.
That is according to the poll from Bellabeat, the industry’s first fashionable wellness brand, which surveyed 2,000 British women to examine how they are dealing with the stress of modern lifestyles and what they are doing to improve their own physical, spiritual and mental wellbeing.
The survey, called The Current State of Women’s Wellness, found that only 58 per cent of women are positive about their wellness, leaving 42 per cent seemingly struggling with their health and wellbeing. Over half of the women surveyed admitted that occasionally everything in life gets too much and they feel overwhelmed, with 61 per cent stating they are full of good intentions but keep getting derailed.
Other key findings of the Bellabeat research includes that 49 per cent of women occasionally feel everything gets too much, 29 per cent experience pressure all of the time, whether that be work or lifestyle related, 31 per cent state that they have experienced a stress-related illness and 31 per cent of women blame lack of sleep for their inability to cope with stress.